Daily Archives: April 21, 2011
The NBA Playoffs continue tonight with the Portland Trail Blazers, Philadelphia 76ers and Indiana Pacers looking for their first wins in Round 1. They are all down 2-0 and will be the home teams this evening.
That got me thinking. The other day, Sports List of the Day looked at NBA Finals series that went seven games. Today, here’s a list of NBA Finals that were just the opposite – lopsided.
NBA Finals Sweeps (4-0)
1. 1959 Boston Celtics over Minneapolis Lakers
2. 1971 Milwaukee Bucks over Baltimore Bullets (Wizards)
3. 1975 Golden State Warriors over Washington Bullets (Wizards)
4. 1983 Philadelphia 76ers over Los Angeles Lakers
5. 1989 Detroit Pistons over Los Angeles Lakers
6. 1995 Houston Rockets over Orlando Magic
7. 2002 Los Angeles Lakers over New Jersey Nets
8. 2007 San Antonio Spurs over Cleveland Cavaliers